Gov't moves fast to handle East Nusa Tenggara quake impact: Minister - ANTARA News Jawa Timur

Jakarta (ANTARA) - Coordinating Infrastructure and Regional Development Minister Agus Harimurti Yudhoyono said the government had moved quickly to address the impact of the earthquake that struck East Nusa Tenggara (NTT).

He said President Prabowo Subianto had instructed all levels of government to respond quickly and in a coordinated manner. Several central government officials had also been dispatched directly to Labuan Bajo and Maumere to ensure an effective response on the ground.

"The government is moving fast. The main priority is ensuring affected communities receive the assistance, aid, and services they need. Access to affected areas must also be secured quickly so the emergency response process is not hindered," Yudhoyono said here on Sunday.

He said the government was prioritizing assistance to victims and evacuation efforts, aid distribution, reopening cut-off access routes, and restoring connectivity and basic public services.

Tens of thousands of staple food packages provided through Presidential Assistance had been dispatched to meet the needs of affected communities, while relevant ministries and agencies continued handling the response according to their respective duties and authorities.

The Coordinating Ministry for Infrastructure and Regional Development continued consolidating efforts among the Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Transportation, National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB), regional governments, regional disaster management agencies (BPBD), and other relevant parties to ensure a fast and coordinated government response.

"The government continues to coordinate and remain on the ground to ensure that the disaster emergency response, as well as the rehabilitation and reconstruction of homes, infrastructure, and public facilities, can proceed effectively, quickly, and appropriately," Yudhoyono said.

Amid the response efforts, the minister expressed his deep condolences to all those who had lost family members or suffered injuries and losses due to the earthquake in NTT.

"On behalf of myself and the government, I extend my deepest condolences over the loss of life, injuries, and damage caused by the earthquake in East Nusa Tenggara," he said.

He added that the government would continue to stand with the people of NTT throughout the emergency response period and into the recovery process.

Pewarta: Aji, Kenzu
Editor : Vicki Febrianto
COPYRIGHT © ANTARA 2026

Dilarang keras mengambil konten, melakukan crawling atau pengindeksan otomatis untuk AI di situs web ini tanpa izin tertulis dari Kantor Berita ANTARA.